How Do I Give Up My Labrador Retriever?
You've come to the realization that you can no longer keep your Labrador Retriever, now you may be wondering: How do I give up my Labrador Retriever? There are many ways you can give up your pet, some options include, surrendering him to a shelter, finding a private rescue with space, or rehoming your dog yourself. Obviously, the outcomes of each method can be very different, so take the time to weigh the pros and cons of each before making your decision.
Surrender to a Shelter
The first thing that comes to mind for many who need to give up their dog is surrendering him to a local shelter.
• Dogs can usually be surrendered within a few days.
• The surrender fee is usually small (less than $100).
• Many dogs do not to do well in a shelter environment and get stressed out. This may cause them to behave in ways that are not typical for them and may result in them being overlooked by adopters.
• While most shelters do their best to find homes for every dog, it's not a guarantee for every dog.
Surrender to a Private Rescue
This option has some benefits over surrendering to a shelter.
• Since rescues take in fewer pets they are able to commit to either finding a great home for your dog or caring for him as a permanent resident.
• Rescues usually have stricter adoption policies to ensure pets are placed in homes that are a good match for their individual personalities.
• It can be difficult to find a great private rescue with space for your dog.
• You may have a lengthy wait even if you are able to find a rescue to take the pet.
Rehome Your Labrador Retriever Yourself
If you want to give your dog the best chance at a happy home, rehome him yourself using Rehome by Adopt-a-Pet.com!
• You can take your time to find the best fit and have the final say on who adopts your dog.
• You'll have peace of mind knowing that your dog is cared for and loved.
• It may take some time to find the perfect home.
If you're like most pet owners, you don't even know where to begin when it comes to finding the perfect home for your pet, but a visit to the Rehome website can help. You'll find tons of expert information and advice and have access to online tools that let you create a pet profile, accept applications from potential adopters, and more.
Give your Labrador Retriever the new life he deserves by investing the time to find him a perfect new home!
How Can We Help?
Rehome by Adopt-a-Pet.com is the safe, reliable, and free way to find a loving new home for a pet. Our dedicated team of experts is here to support you with resources to help you keep your pet when you can and find the perfect new home for your pet when you can’t. Learn more.